How Can You Help?
If you love history and believe the past should not be forgotten, we have a place for you!! You may wish to choose one of our 4 committee groups to work with: Finance, Outreach/Education, Museum Operations, Communication.
Specific skills we are looking for include:
- Financial skills or basic accounting to help create budgets and financial reports
- Organizational skills to work on files, artifacts and historical documents
- Computer skills to digitize photos and paper records
- Communication and/or marketing skills to help with community education and outreach programs (assist with presentations, work with local journalists to provide newspaper print/online articles), and create ways to promote the Museum and HTHS to recruit new members
- Research skills to establish permanent and temporary local displays and assist with developing a Family History section in the museum
Our work committees gather each Wednesday from 10-12:00 to organize our museum artifacts, photos, documents and displays, to help maintain the building and implement educational programs. Seasonal residents are welcome-even if you drop by only a few times during the summer, we would love to see you.
Email your name, contact information and areas of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org